Ragging Is Prohibited
What is Ragging?
1. Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student. 2. Indulging in a rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student. 3. Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Ragging in any form inside or outside the college campus is banned/prohibited vide Prohibition of Ragging in Educational Institutions Act passed by the Parliament. Ragging means doing an act that causes or is likely to cause insult or annoyance or fear or apprehension, threat or intimidation or outrage of modesty or injury to a student. Those who indulge in this uncivilized activity are liable for severe disciplinary actions besides being liable for punishments as per the regulations of government of India.
Student convicted of any above offences, will be dismissed from the college.
- A student imprisoned for more than 6 months for any of the above offences will not be admitted in any other college.
- A student against whom there is prima-facie evidence of ragging in any form will be suspended from the college immediately.
STEPS TO PROHIBIT RAGGING:
- To curb the practice of ragging on the pretexhut of interaction, the students are instructed not to meet the seniors and engage in any sort of conversation. The students are instructed not to spend their time with seniors even if they are known or related to them. However a friendly interaction is allowed under the presence of a senior faculty member.
- Outsiders are prohibited from entering the college premises without permission.
- All students must carry their identity cards and show them when demanded.
- Waiting after 6.00 pm. in the campus is strictly prohibited
- Suspended students are debarred form entering the campus except when required to attend to submit an explanation.
- Ragging invokes suspension and dismissal from the college.
- Ragging entails heavy fines or imprisonment.
- Any issues or situations, if noticed, please inform the Ragging Committee member of the college. The circular for college anti-ragging committee members may be downloaded here:
Grievance Redressal Committee:
All aggrieved students and their parents may approach the members of Grievance Redressal / Anti ragging Committee.
Anti-ragging helpline : 9322693219, 9819948979, 9167544554, 9823328214
If they are not satisfied with the decision of the committee they may approach the principal or register their complaints on the website http://antiragging.in .